mouseover question....

liunx

how do i make a link without an underline, and changes colors when you mouseover?..... help, anyone?.....<!--content-->you should use CSS <br />
<br />
A {color: #0000aa; text-decoration:none;}<br />
A:visited{color: #0000aa; text-decoration:underline;}<br />
A:hover{color: #ff0000; text-decoration:underline;}<br />
A:active {color: #dd0000; text-decoration:underline;}<!--content-->change the text-decoration to "none" if you do not want underlines.<br />
<br />
A {color: #0000aa; text-decoration:none;} <br />
A:visited {color: #0000aa; text-decoration:none;} <br />
A:hover {color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none;} <br />
A:active {color: #dd0000; text-decoration:none;}<br />
<br />
Also note that "hover" only works in IE browsers. NS users will not see a color change on mouse over.<!--content-->well..... it's not workin for some reason.... here's my code.....<br />
also.... how do i get the mouse over effects with javascript?.... ;) .....<html><br />
<head><br />
<br />
<style type="css/text"><br />
<br />
A:hover {color: #f9dbdb; text-decoration:none;} <br />
A:active {color: #dd0000; text-decoration:none;}<br />
<br />
<br />
</style><br />
<br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.htm">blah blah</a><br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.htm">blah blah</a><br />
<br />
</body><br />
<br />
</html><!--content-->This's a right code<br />
<br />
<style> <br />
<br />
A:active {color: #dd0000; text-decoration:none;} <br />
<br />
<br />
</style> <br />
<br />
</head> <br />
<br />
<body> <br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.htm">blah blah</a> <br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.htm">blah blah</a> <br />
<br />
</body> <br />
<br />
</html> <br />
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<!--content-->ok guys, here is you weekend quiz, what is wrong with the style code mofromofro posted? Why does this not work...<br />
<br />
<style type="css/text"> <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
</style> <br />
<br />
Post your answer. I know whats wrong with it, you've got til Monday :), if no one guesses it, i'll post it.<!--content-->I answered , please del type="css/text" in the tag<!--content-->No cigar just yet, it is a "work around", but not the answer.<!--content-->It works for me when del that tags<br />
<br />
seem i misunderstood , okie i'll wait till monday :)<!--content-->I can be such a silly goose sometimes.... thanks guys.....<!--content-->Do we win a prize if we answer it correctly? :D<!--content-->Yup, the prize is being able to work out the error and feel good about it as it seems no one can work it out. :)<!--content-->Today is Monday Ian :) . I'm siting here waiting for you .<br />
<br />
I was wondering that did you mean the oder of a:*** tags ?<br />
<br />
I want to get the prize ( perhaps a G4 , right ? :D )<!--content-->Your right, its monday. :)<br />
<br />
Well you were part way there, the error was in this part <style type="css/text"> , and by removing type="css/text" did make it work, but you never said what was wrong with that part to stop it from functioning correctly.<br />
The answer is that it is around the wrong way. The "text" should be first in all "type" tags of this kind. Simply change it round and it will function fine.<br />
<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"> <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
</style><br />
<br />
Try it.<br />
A very simple coding error that can trip you up and one that you would be sure to overlook every time. !<!--content-->Hi!<br />
<br />
I was aware of that, but I was so lazy to post. . . .<!--content-->hahhahahah yeah , I wasn't seriously tracing it :D , damn .<!--content-->

Back