Mouse cursor

liunx

i would like to change my default mouse cursor to a crosshair, but not just for an image or a link, for the whole page. can anyone help me? is there a html code and where abouts would i put it?<!--content-->body {cursor: cursor}<br />
<br />
more details at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.echoecho.com/csscursors.htm">http://www.echoecho.com/csscursors.htm</a><!-- m --><!--content-->You have to cover all the elements, not jsut the body:<br />
<br />
<style><br />
body, div, span, a, p, li, ol, ul, table, tt, td, form, input, button, img {cursor:crosshair; }<br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
If there ar any other content tags you wioo need to add them to the list.<!--content-->i tried to put that in on frontpage html put when i pasted it the stuff i copied was different. this was displayed:<br />
<br />
<style><BR>body, div, span, a, p, li, ol, ul, table, tt, td, form, input, <br />
button, img {cursor:crosshair; }<BR></style><BR><br />
<br />
i tried previewing it but it didnt work. any ideas why it didnt work?<!--content-->In Frontpage go to html mode,<br />
now you see the code.<br />
In the head part you put the style.<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
body, div, span, a, p, li, ol, ul, table, tt, td, form, input, button, img {cursor:crosshair; }<br />
</style><br />
<br />
:cool:<!--content-->thx for the reply. it works for everything except the hover buttons. do you know the content tags for that?<!--content-->Hover buttons.... grrrrrrrrr<br />
that is an applet, with applet code, see html mode.<br />
<br />
Frontpage hoverbuttons look nice.... on your own computer, but<br />
it can be very slow or give an error if a visitor is opening your site.<br />
<br />
In NN and Mozilla the hover buttons can have an other look, or will not show up.<br />
<br />
But give this style a try:<br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css"><!--<br />
A:link { text-decoration: none; color: #0000ff; font-weight:bold; font-face:arial }<br />
A:visited { text-decoration: none; color: #990000; background-color: #73b5a0; }<br />
A:active { text-decoration: none; color: #0000FF }<br />
A:hover { text-decoration: none;cursor:crosshair; color: #FF0000 ;background-color: #acacac; font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, ms sans serif;font-size:32; border:solid;border-color:#ffff00;border-width : 1px;}<br />
<br />
--><br />
</STYLE><br />
<br />
play with it ;)<br />
<br />
<br />
:cool:<!--content-->it didnt work. it just made the box outline go yellow on hover and the boxes width got a little bigger. any other options?<!--content-->If you can upload a test page and give the URl, we will have a l绡宬.<br />
<br />
:cool:<!--content-->

Back