More than ONE line in header/footer

windows

Hello,<br />
<br />
First of all, I'm a very-super-newbier in HTML, so... this could just be a very stupid question/doubt.<br />
<br />
Is there a way to have more than one line of text in the header/footer on each page when being previewed/printed?<br />
<br />
That is..., is there any other way (besides the <TITLE> tag) to include some text (one or more lines) on the top of each page when it is previewed/printed?<br />
I've been reading something about the MEDIA print type, but found nothing too clear about this.<br />
<br />
Regards!<!--content-->Header and Footer settings are controlled in the browser by the user. You cannot alter them from HTML.<br />
<br />
In HTML there is no way to control page-breaks, however for later browsers you can use stylesheets to do something like:<br />
<br />
<style><br />
.hiddenScreen { position: relative;<br />
visibility: hidden;<br />
display: none }<br />
<br />
@media print { <br />
.hiddenScreen { page-break-before: always;<br />
position: relative;<br />
visibility: visible; <br />
display: inline } <br />
}<br />
</style><br />
<br />
<div class='hiddenScreen'><br />
This will appear at the top of a new page. <br /><br />
This code must be repeated wherever you want a new page.<br />
</div><!--content-->Hi Jon, thanks for your fast reply.<br />
Guess my doubt has been confirmed... <br />
<br />
Isn't it just a pitty,... so much fancy stuff you can do with HTML, but it just can't be used as a reporting tool. <br />
I was quite impressed by IE5 print preview capabilities (zoom in-out, printer and paper selection, page range printing, etc). It just needs something like a <PRINT-ON-EACH-PAGE> tag...<br />
<br />
Am I asking too much, here? <br />
<br />
Thanks again...<br />
<br />
Chao.:<br />
<br />
:confused:<!--content-->CSS looks to be gaining ground and I hope it does even better than most people think it will. Then things like this can be achieved. The above example is CSS level 2 however, so anyone reading this, and trys to achieve this should know that to view this trick the browser must be compliant to CSS level 2. Netscape has been CSS compliant sine V4.0 but only to level 1. Bear this in mind when trying this.<!--content-->

Back