More form stuff

liunx

Ok i have the tag to browse your computer for a picture but how do you make it so that when the form is submitted it sends the picture to my E-mail and then i can see the picture then post it on the site? Is that even possible with out a CGI script?<br />
<br />
Latter I will find out how to use CGI scripts but for now i dont no how but I did get a book on them.<!--content-->Yes... it is possible to email with attachments with cgi, and php asp asp.net jsp cf and so on and so fourth. Figure out which one is best for you and which one your host supports. The thing is, you are probably going to need to upload images or files to the server then email it then delete it, so you are going to need to do multiple things and might need access to server security settings, it really just depends on how the server is setup. You will need smtp access too. If you are just posting the picture on the site you might just forget the email part and have the user upload it to yur server with a number or something so images do not overright and log it with a data base. This might be a bit above your head, but that would keep you from having to have it uploaded 2 times. (It would also allow the users to get files onto your machine, like naughty images, so that would be the downside, server security settings would protect it from backdoors and viruses though.)<!--content-->Yeah I no that u can send attachments with CGI, PHP and all of those things but can you do it with out sending it to a CGI PHP or any of those? I want it so that you can search your computer for a spicific picture and then when you press submit it sends it like a regular E-Mail would right to my box with the picture attachment. This way I wouldn't have to write a CGI, PHP or any other script for my site.<!--content-->Originally posted by The Little Guy <br />
Yeah I no that u can send attachments with CGI, PHP and all of those things but can you do it with out sending it to a CGI PHP or any of those? <br />
Nope.<!--content-->to mail with attachments you will need a server side language and smtp access, those are must haves.<!--content-->

Back