More Efficient Way To Copy Data To Many Servers

JageAnall

Here are the basics of the scenario. I have a small block of data (10MB) that needs to get copied (within my C# app) from one source server to approximately 10,000 different destination folders residing on probably 25 different servers (400 dest folders per server). I have all the access rights, etc, and my only hangup is in deciding what method would be the fastest and most efficient. Time to completion is the bigger priority within any answer. Unfortunately, I cannot accept other "solutions" as it is what it is. Sorry.Some of my options are:[*]Copy the data from source to 10,000 destinations with asyncronous copy commands.[*]Copy the data from source to each of the 25 servers, then copy asyncronously from each location on the server to their final 10,000 destination folders on their respective server.[*]Other options??From a logic standpoint option 2 seems to make the most sense but I'm curious for input. I'm not clear on how non-local copy commands are processed by the OS. Is the program coming through the network back through my source server then onto the destination?Thanks.

Back