MongoDB for realtime ajax stuff?

SedygypeBredy

Howdie stackoverflow people!So I've been doing some digging regarding these NoSQL databases, MongoDB, CouchDB etc. Though I am still not sure about real time-ish stuff therefore I thought i'd ask around to see if someone have any practical experience.Let's think about web stuff, let's say we've got a very dynamic super ajaxified webapp that asks for various types of data every 5-20 seconds, our backend is python or php or anything other than java really... in cases such as these obviously a MySQL or similar db would be under heavy pressure (with lots of users), would MongoDB / CouchDB run this without breaking a sweat and without the need to create some super ultra complex cluster/caching etc solution?Yes, that's basically my question, if you think that no.. then yes I know there are several types of solutions for this, nodeJS/websockets/antigravity/worm-hole super tech, but I am just interested in these NoSQL things atm and more specifically if they can handle this type of thing.Let's say we have 5000 users at the same time, every 5, 10 or 20 seconds ajax requests that updates various interfaces.Shoot ;]

Back