Modify a Docx with links using an XML

P3r|an

My current goal is a little complex, but I'll try and explain it as best as I can. We have a piece of software that has been generating XML logs of all use for the past few months. Someone else has parsed from this data what they deemed necessary for documentation and placed it all into a readable HTML format. My job is to find a way to link the readable HTML files they generated with a pre-existing Word (.docx) document. I currently have a NAnt script that reads through the directory that contains the logs and creates an XML document with the format:\[code\]<root> <HTML address=...> <ProductName name=...> <FunctionName name=...> </FunctionName> </ProductName> </HTML></root>\[/code\]The word document itself contains tables that hold the function names. These tables are underneath headers that contain the product name. I need to wrap a link to the address associated with the function around the function name inside of the table so that someone reading the documentation can easily click on a function name and see the function's documentation.I have no experience procedurally modifying word documents, so I would really love assistance on this, as it seems like a fairly complex procedure. I can reorder the XML nodes easily, if it would simplify the process in any way.Things I've researched so far:-Before looking into the formatting of docx, I had wanted to write another script that would simply search for the associated data and then wrap hyperlink tags around it. Unfortunately, once I looked into docx, it seems that the formatting is much more complicated than that.-After that I decided to look at using C# through Visual Studio 2010. Unfortunately, as I have no experience using C# (I have only used C and C++), it was fairly confusing. I've spent a few days looking for guides and references, but it's all very scattered and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.If there's any help you can provide, I would be extremely grateful.Thank you so much in advance!

Back