mod_rewrite not working well with trailing slash & css breaks apart

Fallen737

I have just one root directory with index.php in it along with two folder img and css.I refer to files in this folder like:src="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3901004/img/path.png" i.e relative to the root directory.The other day I had some mod_rewrite question & this is what someone gave me, which seems to wrok fine except for trailing slashes and css/img breaking apartRewriteRule ^$ index.php?page=1 [L]RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?page=$1 [L]RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z]+)/?$ index.php?category=$1&page=1 [L]RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z]+)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?category=$1&page=$2 [L]This is what is bothering me:Using Rule1:www.example.com changes to www.example.com/index.php?page=1 which is greatAlso www.example.com/ some how changes to www.example.com which is again greatUsing Rule2:www.example.com/2 changes to www.example.com/index.php?page=2 like what I would wantBut using www.example.com/2/ (TRAILING SLASH) also retrieves page=2 but somehow the img and css breaks apart.I am guessing the problem is with url being treated as directory structure and then it cant find img and css folder there.Using Rule 3:www.example.com/Football changes to www.example.com/index.php?category=Football&page=1 again like what I would wantBut www.example.com/Football/ (TRAILING SLASH) suffers from the same problem with img and css breaking apartUsing Rule 4:www.www.example.com/Football/2 even without the trailing slash breaksdown on css and img however the page can retrieve tha page and category correctly.How do I correct this problem without having to use absolute paths in my html.Please advise on the trailing slash problem as well.

Back