misplaced template/pls help

liunx

hi, I know nothing about html, Iam a lawyer you see so bear with me.<br />
<br />
My site is <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.botlaw.com">www.botlaw.com</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
If you go there and click on the About BotLaw link you will immediately notice that the whole template is somehow misplaced. Iam using fronpage and have no idea how to place it correctly as the rest of the pages. Aby help will be greatly appreciated.<!--content-->Was there a reason you posted this twice?<br />
<br />
That botlaw page doesn't even have a body tag or html tag.<!--content-->Second post was accidental! (refreshing my browser)<br />
<br />
As for your comment, it cannot offer any assistance.<br />
<br />
Abybody with clear instructions on how I can get that page right?<!--content-->The index page has this code:<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>botlaw2</title><br />
<br />
the other page, aboutbotlaw, doesn't. It just starts with a table tag. It's missin the html, head, title, and body tags.<!--content-->Thank you hockyfan641<br />
<br />
Now it looks fine!<br />
<br />
Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!<!--content-->Your welcome.<!--content-->Perhaps you could help me with this problem as well!<br />
<br />
When you visit my page and look at the bottom of your screen that box of your internet browser, the name of the site is botlaw2. Is there a way to change that name?<!--content-->I'm not sure what you're talking about, I don't see it.<!--content-->Let's say that I have my hotmail account page and botlaw site open at the same time.<br />
<br />
At the bottom of my screen, near the start button, I can see a box saying MSN Hotmail and botlaw2-Microsoft. I mean that name.<!--content-->Your Title is botlaw2<br />
<br />
<TITLE>botlaw2</TITLE><br />
<br />
Change that to what you would like it to say on a page to page basis.<br />
<br />
....Willy<br />
<br />
Note: Interesting content. I've done quite a bit<br />
of research regarding the loss of Penitent Priviledge but<br />
never considered that Robots need protection too. :P<!--content-->Oh...Heh, I thought he was talking about something a little more complicated :P<!--content-->Read through the !DOCTYPE thread at the top of the forum list, and carry out (on every page of the site) as much stuff as you can from there.<br />
<br />
Run your pages through the validator (URL is in that thread) to check for any code typos and errors. Post here a list of anything that you get stuck on.<!--content-->You guys are great. I resolved all the problems I addressed here including the name of the page problem (thanks willy duit).<br />
<br />
Iam currently constructing the last page which is still signed as being under construction. Iam doing so with frontpage. A problem that I face is that I used a vertical line to devide the page into coloums. I finished the first one but when I write to the other next to it the line moves to the left upsetting the first coloum. Is there a way I can resolve that.<br />
<br />
BTW, Jiz I will follow your advice.<!--content-->a vertical line? is it a <table>?<br />
<br />
you can divide it into columns using the following code...<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td>COLUMN ONE CONTENT</td><br />
<td>COULMN TWO CONTENT</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
you can specify the width of each like this, and it will stay fixed.<br />
<br />