Mini-scroller

liunx

Hey gurus. got a quick question. I have an application I'm working on and we need to display a license agreement which is rediculously lengthy. At the bottom of the page is the standard "Yes, I ACCEPT" button. (No, this isn't an adult site. LOL). So, how do I go about putting this license agreement into a smaller section of the page with it's own scroll bar so that the page isn't 47 feet long? Is this possible without frames? Thanx<!--content-->you can try this:<br />
<br />
<textarea rows=XX cols=XX>all your agreement text here</textarea><br />
<input type=submit value="Yes, I accept"><input type=submit value="No, I do not accept"><br />
<br />
play with rows=XX and cols=XX to get the size you want:<br />
<br />
rows=10 cols=60<br />
<br />
there is a way using JAVAscript, hopefully Coboldinosaur will post the code .... :)<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->Hey Kevin. Thanx. Can I format the text inside your suggestion. For example, bolds and alignments etc. I'll be looking forward to the JavaScript info from Coboldinosaur. Thanx for the quick reply!<br />
<br />
HayBails<!--content-->Using style tags you can format it to a degree, but not some bold and some not bold (or I don't know how to do that), the formatting applies to all the text. <br />
<br />
that is what is good about using the JAVA script method, you can format the content just like any HTML page.<br />
<br />
<br />
here is a taste of using style attributes to format the text in a textarea tag:<br />
<br />
<textarea style="background:darkblue; border-style:solid; border-color:red; font-family:Verdana; font-weight:bold; color:yellow;">your text here</textarea><br />
<br />
you can use the same code for the buttons too.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->Hi Haybails,<br />
what about this one.<!--content-->...you could try this:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/script/script4.asp">http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/script/script4.asp</a><!-- m --><!--content-->

Back