MGC Chatbox (with AJAX) v1.5

Duuuhhude

Chatbox4.png

Description

When I had left the vBulletin world, I was in the past the co-author of a little chatbox (shoutbox), very well known in the vBulletin world.
This chatbox had been developed by Svaliotti (known as Poseidon on vb.org) for vB2 in the past and I had made the porterage (with is authorisation as we were both members of the same french non-official support forum) and the improvement for vB3.

It is thus normal that in my return in the vBulletin world, I begin by getting down to this hack. Even if several versions of chatbox are already present in the vBulletin world, I said to myself that it would be a good thing to make a made in France.

Naturally, I don't deal with a "copy" version of the other chatbox, I have any coded at the beginning (it was preferable because the front code wasn't so clean any more), and I integrated a good quantity of very interesting features.

New version features

The new version contains all the features from the previous version. Description of these versions can be found in Sofia's post hereabove (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1257510&postcount=3).

Modifications from previous version are the following :

* 1.5 :
o Fixed bugs :
+ Chatbox is shown two times in full page mode when the Display on all pages under the navbar option is selected.
+ "Fermer" is not in a sentence.
+ Overflow problem with Netscape.
+ Uppercase transformed to lowercase in the PM channel.
+ The ban cron debans user indefinitly banned.
+ Chatbox continuously loading on some forums.
+ Inactivity and guests problem.
+ Team icon blinking is not working properly.
+ Coma error in the who is online.
+ 2 spaces instead of one between the date and the time.
o New functionnalities :
+ Option to deactivate the random smilies.
+ Option to deactivate the automatic PM sending when banning a user.
+ New permission to allow or not the downloading of shouts.
+ Option to specify the name under which unregistered users shouts appear.
+ Syntax change for the /ban, /ignore, /del, /pm commands : Possibility to use them with the username or the userid (For more information about the new syntax, check the help button in the chatbox).
o Removed functionnalities :
+ vBAdvanced integration [TEMPORARLY]

This hack is very light in term of queries : only one for every recharging / refreshment of the chatbox and 5 for the statistics in the load of the page if you actiate them. If you don't activate advanced options of course as stated aside each in the acp

Installation

Read the file "Installation" in the pack.

Once the installation is ended, go in usergroups and edit permissions to see the Chatbox.

By default, no group has access to the chatbox.

Duuuhhude

Chatbox4.png

Description

When I had left the vBulletin world, I was in the past the co-author of a little chatbox (shoutbox), very well known in the vBulletin world.
This chatbox had been developed by Svaliotti (known as Poseidon on vb.org) for vB2 in the past and I had made the porterage (with is authorisation as we were both members of the same french non-official support forum) and the improvement for vB3.

It is thus normal that in my return in the vBulletin world, I begin by getting down to this hack. Even if several versions of chatbox are already present in the vBulletin world, I said to myself that it would be a good thing to make a made in France.

Naturally, I don't deal with a "copy" version of the other chatbox, I have any coded at the beginning (it was preferable because the front code wasn't so clean any more), and I integrated a good quantity of very interesting features.

New version features

The new version contains all the features from the previous version. Description of these versions can be found in Sofia's post hereabove (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1257510&postcount=3).

* 1.5 :
o Fixed bugs :
+ Chatbox is shown two times in full page mode when the Display on all pages under the navbar option is selected.
o New functionnalities :
+ Syntax change for the /ban, /ignore, /del, /pm commands : Possibility to use them with the username or the userid (For more information about the new syntax, check the help button in the chatbox).

This hack is very light in term of queries : only one for every recharging / refreshment of the chatbox and 5 for the statistics in the load of the page if you actiate them. If you don't activate advanced options of course as stated aside each in the acp

Installation

Once the installation is ended, go in usergroups and edit permissions to see the Chatbox.

Duuuhhude

Chatbox4.png

Description

New version features

* 1.5 :
o Fixed bugs :
o New functionnalities :

Installation

thurein

For anybody who want to put chat box under " What's going on " box ,

Open "product-mgc_chatbox.xml" with good text editor,and
find
Code:
else {
       $search_text = '$forumhome_markread_script';
       $brb = "<br />";
       $bra = "";
    }

and

replace with this code ;

Code:
else {
       $search_text = '<!-- end what\'s going on box -->';
       $brb = "";
       $bra = "<br />";
    }

And now choose "Below Forums" option in MGC Chatbox options==> Display and position . Have fun,all !

vbteeam

Once install it, it looks the plugin product were uninstalled clearly well, but it does't uninstall from the USERGROUP Setting, which make the problem to save the setting. How about you?

It's poor.