Menu like on this forum

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I'm completely new to Web Dev (come from desktop using vb.net & C#)
Need to write new pages for our current website, which look horrible to say least.
The current site is in asp, but i will use asp.net.

I want to create a menu bar that will be placed on all my pages. This bar should be like what we've got here on this forum. Some items are links, other's are checkable (like Language > English / Japanese), etc.

I looked at existing controls like skmMenu, but that is pretty much just normal dropdown menu's.

Any advice?

Also, if I want to top of each and every page to have the company log, andthis dropdown menu, should i implement this on every page or in some way use a template or sth? I can only use asp.net 1.1 as the host say no at this stage for asp.net2I want to create a menu bar that will be placed on all my pages.

Also, if I want to top of each and every page to have the company log, andthis dropdown menu

on ur project, create 2 web-user control (*.ascx page):
-header.ascx
-menu.ascx

ascx act like normal aspx, it will recongize html code. so write ur html like you would do with ur legacy asp page (or copy) to header.ascx

when done, on every aspx page, just insert its dervitive
i.e:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="Header" Src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"Header.ascx" %>

do the same thing with menu.ascx

Back