MathML

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What is MathML? I know its a form of markup. I know its been around for quite some time... I do believe. I know it looks a lot like XML. I also know it is used in communicating and applying mathematical expressions between computers. But in all honesty, I have no clue what it is or why it exists as an independant markup language. I can see XML being written with XSLT and/or PHP to achieve a similar goal... I think?!?!... since I really dont know what that goal would be. LOL. But a distinct markup language? I ask because I am confused about the purpose and I wish to further my understanding of web design and internet technical blah blah. I have known about MathML way longer than XML or PHP... and yet I know nothing about MathML and learning quite a bit about, well, pretty much everything besides. I cant find any useful websites, nor any books devoted to it. I dont forsee myself actually using it... but, my God, I need to know!! The other posts Ive found on this site that pertain to MathML dont really "do it for me"... I seek a thorough understanding... a means of applying... perhaps some useful links. I apologize ahead of time for writing this post in the XML forum... it just seemed appropriate since XML and MathML (as far as I could tell) are a lot alike. There isnt a MathML forum on this site... so, what the hey!

Back