Mass Emailing With Php

liunx

Our site has hundreds of members and continues to grow each day. Originally, I had written a newsletter script to allow us to send monthly emails to our members. Unfortunately, as we have grown, the script is having some severe efficiency problems. In fact, many times, after about halfway through the list, the script will die and stop sending.<br /><br />I'm using the built in mail() function but I think there's a better way. I know the mail() function opens and closes the connection to the mail server for each call but I believe there is another way to open the connection once, push all the mail through, and then close once it has all been sent.<br /><br />Oh, and I would just append each email address together but that looks bad upon the business in my eyes. I want everyone to get a single, individual email with only their address.<br /><br />Any ideas?<!--content-->
You may want to take a look at <br />dada mail, web-based e-mail list management system<br /><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->http://mojo.skazat.com/<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><br />You can set a list to batch mode of 10 per minute<br />and you will have no problems.<!--content-->

Back