margin problem whit IE6

liunx

I did this web page: tesorosdelosgnomos.com and it looks great in Mozilla and Mac but when I try to see it on a Win OS whith IE6 I have a problem with a margin; If you go to a link the left margin just won't stay at the end like it is supposed to.<br />
<br />
I think that the problem is here!<br />
<br />
<body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><br />
<table cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0" width="100%"><br />
<tbody><br />
<tr><td bgColor="#660000" height="30"></td></td><br />
</tbody><br />
</table><br />
<br />
If somebody can help me It will be great!!!!<!--content-->you havent set the margin for the right side. Try this :<br />
<br />
<style><br />
<br />
body{<br />
<br />
margin-left: 0px;<br />
<br />
margin-right: 0px;<br />
<br />
margin-top: 0px;<br />
<br />
margin-bottom: 0px;<br />
<br />
margin-width: 0px;<br />
<br />
margin-height: 0px;<br />
<br />
}<br />
<br />
</style><!--content-->hey Cristal <br />
<br />
i noticed that your quote didnt work<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlforums.com/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode">http://www.htmlforums.com/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
try this link if you dont know it or just forgot.<br />
<br />
dont take it as an insult im just trying 2 help you ;)<br />
<br />
Joe<!--content-->Thanks Joe, I was wondering about that, I guess it helps to read instructions :rocker:<!--content-->or you could just use<br />
<br />
<br />
<style><br />
<br />
body{<br />
margin: 0<br />
}<br />
<br />
</style><!--content-->Apparently the problem was fixed, looks great!<!--content-->Another factor you may want to consider which is something I ran into when designing my first ever CSS site is Netscape and how it determines the margin widths. For whatever reasons if you declare your margins at 0 they still show up in Netscape 4. Here't the fix I used to work in both IE and NS4:<br />
<br />
use this for your css declarations <for ie and ns6+):<br />
<br />
<link href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"/margin.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><br />
<br />
(define your margin there as 0)<br />
<br />
then in the body use the following for NS4:<br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="#000000" leftmargin="-10" topmargin="-10"><br />
<br />
As much as I would love to know a cs fix for ns4 this all I have been able to find. Maybe one day those companies will finally scrap them old browsers but I aint holding my breath.<!--content-->Sorry..reverse the order. I just glanced at my page. The one you link has a top and left at -10 and in the body they are both 0.<!--content-->actually all you needed was<br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="#000000" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0"><br />
<br />
no minus and also that doesn't validate on w3. you don't need any negative numbers for NS4.x<!--content-->Dang dial up booted me off...I guess I need to stop working or drinking because I am seing dbl.... use this for NS4<br />
<br />
<link href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"margin" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
@import url("iemargin");<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
in margin (use -10left and -10top)<br />
in iemargin (use 0 and 0)<br />
<br />
NS4 doesn't recognize the second (@import) and will ignore it then the second will take presidence over the first in the remaining brwsers.<!--content-->and yes I know it doesn't validate but it works....try it...don't ask me why but in ns4 if you declare a margin of zero you still get that nice little margin gap.<!--content-->actually for NS4.xx you need<br />
<br />
marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"<br />
<br />
not what you posted. so I had the wrong one too.<!--content-->I just tested it your way and it works for the height but not for the left margin.<!--content-->really? because it has worked for me on all 4 sides. I will test again tonight but I have been running that for 2 years now with no problems. of course that doesn't validate either<!--content-->Thank you for all the help!<!--content-->

Back