Making tags show up

admin

Administrator
Staff member
For the people that come to my site, i am making a page that allows them to view the javascripts i used in making my pages. I dont know how to type in a tag so that the browser dont recognize it as a tag. if i wanted to do a bold tag, i want it to show up as < B > not as bold text. does anyone know how to do that? i know how to do the &lt &GT to make the <><!--content-->HTML 4.01 has an element which will allow you to use pre-formatted text in your web pages..<br />
<br />
<pre><br />
<br />
<b>These tags and text will show in the browser</b><br />
<br />
</pre><br />
<br />
<br />
The <pre> element stands for pre-formatted.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Andrew Buntine.<!--content-->Originally posted by buntine <br />
HTML 4.01 has an element which will allow you to use pre-formatted text in your web pages..<br />
<br />
<pre><br />
<br />
<b>These tags and text will show in the browser</b><br />
<br />
</pre><br />
<br />
<br />
The <pre> element stands for pre-formatted.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Andrew Buntine. Preformated text only means the following:<br />
When handling preformatted text, visual user agents:<br />
<br />
* May leave white space intact.<br />
* May render text with a fixed-pitch font.<br />
* May disable automatic word wrap.<br />
* Must not disable bidirectional processing.<br />
<br />
See <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-PRE">http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-PRE</a><!-- m --><br />
for more info.<br />
<br />
The tags within the <pre> element will still be treated as tags. If you need to show "<" and ">" characters you use ""<" and ">"<!--content-->Actually Vladdy, you are wrong!<br />
<br />
Nar, im only joking. Sorry about that.. Disregard my post.<!--content-->If i made a text box, like the one u type in to post a message, that dont support HTML, would that work too? or would the browser still recognize the tags?<!--content-->It's not a valid markup, period. While some browsers may display it the way you want them to, there is no guarantee...<!--content-->

Back