Making pictures not downloadable!

liunx

Dear Everybody,<br />
<br />
I am arranging a picture galary for the net. I want to protect my pictures from being Download <!--more-->ed. As you will no doubt know, whenever you right click a picture that is contained in a web browser the options (at least in IE) of "save picture as" and "set as background". I am seeking to "turn off" these and other options related to saving the image files that I am displaying. If anybody has any suggestions on how to go about this they will be greatly appreciated. <br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->It can't be stopped, your best bet would be to watermark the images...thats about all you can do.<br />
(As soon as someone see's the picture its on thier computer, in cache/temp int files)<!--content-->You can't. Anyone with decent computer knowledge can find a way around no-right-click scripts, and other methods of protection.<br />
<br />
Like montroze mentioned, you're better off watermarking the images. Also put a copyright notice on your site. It won't stop anyone from stealing the images, but it gives you legal backing; the copyright notice isn't required (anything that you create is automatically copyrighted), but at least a person won't be able to say "I didn't know it was copyrighted!".<!--content-->

Back