make everyone ignore Jelsoft email

vinboy

before I start, I'd like to talk about the Forum Rules agreement. I was forced to agree to the Forum Rules, I noticed that on rule number 9, it says:
  • If you think some post or user brakes the rules, report it to us using report button.
Please correct the above spelling mistake :)

ok let me get back to my point.
We should start mass mailing the webhosts of LEGITIMATE vBulletin forums.
When they get too many suspension requests, they will simply discard those Jelsoft emails.
How's that? cool eh??

gjcomputer

that is a pretty good idea in theory, but getting people to do something like that would be hard. (start with godaddy) lol

vinboy

gjcomputer said:
that is a pretty good idea in theory, but getting people to do something like that would be hard. (start with godaddy) lol

I think it shouldn't be too hard.
Off the top of my head, here are the steps:
  1. Register a domain and a cheap webhost (with fake name, physical address etc).
  2. Then use their SMTP or whatever mail they provide to contact the webhost of legit vBulletin users, copy the content of the email from vBulletin Piracy Report :D
  3. These webhost MAY suspend their account, but when they start getting too many requests, they will simply ignore it because no one really knows if the vBulletin copy has proper license or not, they don't publish a list of licensed users.

ungovernable

before I start, I'd like to talk about the Forum Rules agreement. I was forced to agree to the Forum Rules, I noticed that on rule number 9, it says:

* If you think some post or user brakes the rules, report it to us using report button.

Please correct the above spelling mistake
who cares............

btw, there are guys who are PAID by jelsoft to handle this kind of requests... it's THEIR JOB... they don't care how many requests they make. It takes a second for them to check if the domain is licensed or not. It would take millions of peoples doing it daily from dozens of different emails to hope to annoy them a little bit

kahn

vinboy said:
  • If you think some post or user brakes the rules, report it to us using report button.
Please correct the above spelling mistake :)

ok let me get back to my point.
We should start mass mailing the webhosts of LEGITIMATE vBulletin forums.
When they get too many suspension requests, they will simply discard those Jelsoft emails.
How's that? cool eh??
Discarded by their spambot faster than you can create agents no doubt..