maintain meta tags in one place

liunx

I was wondering how i can maintain all my meta tags in one location that is referenced by all my pages. And still picked up by the search engines.<br />
<br />
That way when i make changes, i only have to do it in one place.<br />
<br />
Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about coding something in PHP, but maybe there's a simpler way.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Fred<!--content-->php is one way. or you can use SSI. now eother way it will require serverside language. but search engines don't reall use the meta tags anymore.<!--content-->I use an SSI call for my meta tag area. It's kinda controvercial if the outcome is good or not though.<!--content-->Can your server run ASP pages? There is a very simple simple way of doing this with ASP. One simple line of text about 5 words in length. If you can run ASP I will explain in full if you can. I am a little pushed for time at work right now to do it. So if you can I will post it when I get home this morning.<!--content-->Unfortunately, I don't have an ASP server. It is also very easy with php however, I would need to change the pages to a .php extension and this will disrupt links that already exist on the search engines. <br />
<br />
I guess I could leave the old pages up and do a redirect, but I was hoping there's a way just using javascript, but i think that if i do it that way, the search engines may not pick it up.<!--content-->

Back