mailto: with attachment. Is it possible?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
OK, here's my question. I am creating an email link that is your typical "email this link to a friend" email link. However, I would like the link to also automatically insert a pdf attachment into the email so that the person receiving the email would have a printable version of the linked page when the receive their email.<br />
<br />
Is this possible? I don't know that I have ever seen this done and I cant find any code. Hope somebody can help. <br />
<br />
Jake<!--content-->wow.... great question. I know how to do it with server side coding, but would be really interested if client side javascript could perform this. Lets see what we get....<!--content-->how do you do this server side, incase the answer is no client side??<br />
<br />
thanks<br />
<br />
Jake<!--content-->how about this??????<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"mailto:[email protected]?attach=www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html"></a><!--content-->I get quite annoyed with forced-Download <!--more--> documents; I'd much rather someone sent just a link to where the document resides and let me Download <!--more--> it if I want to.<!--content-->Tell THAT to my client :-(<!--content-->well it is a good question but how can javascript talk to the server to get the pdf? my gues is tha tyou can't do it client side as serverside is the only answer.<br />
<br />
all depends on what language you want. php, asp, or cgi? all depends on what your/their server will run.<!--content-->I am probably going with asp/vbscript. If anyone could supply me with some code or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.<!--content-->

Back