mailto only for outlook?

liunx

Hi, <br />
<br />
I have a very simple form with mailto to send contents of the form to my email address. Is it just me, or does it only work with microsoft outlook?<br />
<br />
I appreciate any help, <br />
Thank You.<!--content-->Mailto works for any properly configured browser/mail reader pair. It predates Outlook by several years.<!--content-->mailto will only work with a mail client so people who use webmail will get screwed over if you use mailto. I suggest running your emails server side with an smtp if you are able to.<!--content-->Terribly sorry PeO....but...<br />
You can Download <!--more--> and application that allows you to automatically open your Yahoo! Webmail when you click on a mailto: link...other than that, it doesn't work with webmail...<!--content-->Originally posted by neenach2002 <br />
Terribly sorry PeO....but...<br />
You can Download <!--more--> and application that allows you to automatically open your Yahoo! Webmail when you click on a mailto: link...other than that, it doesn't work with webmail... but the majority of users would not have this. Its not about which mail client 2% of the people use, its what everyone else uses. Mailto is not going to work for a whole lot of people.<!--content-->Yup....I would suggest...a form...*can't remember the code*...>.<...but there was a form I once saw that submitted an e-mail....<!--content-->there was a form that submitted email eh? It will still need to run server side, the mailto action also depends on a client. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.webdevfaqs.com/php.php#mailer">http://www.webdevfaqs.com/php.php#mailer</a><!-- m --> <-- php example.<!--content-->Yea...there is...postNUKE and phpNUKE have them...*bops head*....hell, phpNUKE has a whole pop3 e-mail system...you just put in your info and BANG!....You can retrieve mail to the server that phpNUKE is running on...then again, this can cause a security issue...I think...o.O<!--content-->

Back