mailto:a@a?subject=a&body=a<br> ?

liunx

ok so the subject doesn't really mean much... but from the link of an email, for example,<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"mailto:hammerslane@hammerslane?subject=Stuff&body=BodyBodyBlah"><br />
<br />
will display "BodyBodyBlah" in the body of an email, if clicked.<br />
is there a way to include "<br>" (or something that has the same effect) in the body section? typing <br> in the "&body=" section just literally displays <br> in the email, when clicked.<br />
<br />
thanks<!--content-->No,unfortunately you can not do that.<br />
the format is browser driven.<!--content-->so there's no way to have a carriadge return in an email when clicked? "&nbsp;" works in an outlook email... is there a "&alt;" version of <br>?<br />
cheers<!--content-->I've not tried it, but since %20 will embed a space, perhaps %10 or %13 will give a newline (clutching at straws here :) )<!--content-->no luck :( they're just symbols...<br />
edit: i just used my brain and looked up a couple of url encoding sites.... "%0d" is the encoding for a carriage return.<br />
:cool:<!--content-->Ooops, there am I thinking in decimal again.:D<!--content-->

Back