Mac scroll bar colors

liunx

On windows it is possible to change the scroll bars like the one on the right and in textareas. But is it possible to do that so a mac computer will have those colors as well?<!--content-->Originally posted by The Little Guy <br />
On windows it is possible to change the scroll bars like the one on the right and in textareas. But is it possible to do that so a mac computer will have those colors as well? It is possible to change the scroll bar colors on windows only if the user is using internet explorer. Those scroll bars are not standard css, they are ie proprietary code and thus it will be the only browser supporting it. So unless the user is on a mac version or ie you can't do it. I am not a big fan of colored scroll bars by the way because for some reason the user always makes them all block or something and then I can't see what I am doing. Plus my browser has a skin I would hate people messing it up because it looks nice how it is now.<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://darrel.knutson.com/mac/www/browsers.html">http://darrel.knutson.com/mac/www/browsers.html</a><!-- m --> look at all these browsers, only one will do your scroll bars, and the default browser on macs is safari I believe so ie is not the most used browser on mac.<!--content-->consider it a good thing that scrollbars cannot change color on MACs if you can't get them to work. The scrollbar belongs to the browser (the user), not the programmer :)<!--content-->the internal ones should belong to the programmer<!--content-->internally, yes, but then it leads to bad habit to change the browser scrollbars, which turns out to be a problem. If the programmer draws the line between them, then nothing is wrong with it :)<!--content-->Originally posted by IncaWarrior <br />
the internal ones should belong to the programmer they can too if you go out of your way and turn them off then rebuild them with some js + css etc. I do not really aggree about the eternal ones in forms... I think those should still be a browser thing, but for a scrolling div or an iframe or frame, they can be the developer's I think.<!--content-->

Back