Mac Issues

liunx

hi, I am admittedly new to web design and am discovering the wonders of trying to get a PC designed web-site to translate on MAC browsers. <br />
Heres my situation. I am designing a gallery for my graphic design work and photography. <br />
I have a layer with a table divided into two columns, In the left i have the image i wish to display, in the right i have three rows. Each row holds roughly seven thumbnails, each with hotspots that swap out the image on the left..<br />
It all works and looks good on PC..but MAC browsers shift this layer down about 100 pixels and i have no idea why.. Can anyone help? Is there a good book or other resource for dealing with this kind of translation issues?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance...<br />
<br />
erikbredthauer<!--content-->Could you post a link or the exact code?<!--content-->http://www.feverdreamdark.com/experiment4.htm<!--content-->Hey,<br />
<br />
This attachment is how I see your site on my Mac... is this how it is supposed to look or.... where exactly is the problem.<br />
<br />
I ran your page through the W3 validator, and it had 52 errors on it. Most of them were just missing alt tags, but I would definitely take care of those.<br />
<br />
Overall, you will find most of the Mac browsers to be extremely standards complient. IE5 Mac, when it was released, is based on a different engine that IE Windows is (which is one of the WORST browsers btw) and was touted as one of the most complient when it first came out. Apple's new browser, Safari, is the same too. As long as your code is valid, your pages display fine. I end up spending more time trying to fix things up for IE Windows than anything.<br />
<br />
Cheers!<!--content-->

Back