Looking for Dreamweaver 4.0 Help

liunx

=:O Newbie website designer looking for help on how to make a FTp uploaded microsoft word file, or a web safe saved jpg image Download <!--more-->able. Is there a way to do it in Dreamweaver without the use of a javascript, or do I need a javascipt to do so., If I do need a javascript can you reply and point me in the right direction.<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br />
Cres<!--content-->If you mean Download <!--more-->ing the actual Word file or jpeg just make a link to the file<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"file location>Download <!--more--> this File</a><!--content-->Just realized linking to the image wont work as it would just view it in the browser. They would have to rightclick and save target.<!--content-->The short awnser is that you can't do this. Like the last poster says, tell them to right click and save file as. Most sites do this.<br />
<br />
However if are adamant you can save these files as zip files. Then the punter will Download <!--more--> them when clicking. However you might need to point them in the direction of something to unzip em. I wouldn't bother with this.<br />
<br />
Just give em instructions to right click on the link to Download <!--more--> or left click to view.<!--content-->

Back