Lock visitor until mysql query is complete

invikeavaxibe

I have a bunch of pages on a site for which the actions that can be taken on one page are contingent upon the info in the database for the site visitor. So, let's say Visitor A comes to page B and updates a database to show that they have joined a certain group. Then the visitor goes to page C, the group page. If the user is a group member, they are shown member content. If they are not, they are shown non-member content. Here comes the issue (btw, pages are in php):In an ideal world, the query run on page B would be completed instantaneously before the user goes to page C so the database is always filled with the most recent info on membership states. However, it can happen that the server is under a lot of load and the query does not complete by the time the user goes to page C. So, even though the user is a member of the group, that is not reflected on page C since the query has yet to complete.Is there a way to make it so that if a user run a query on a page, until that query completes any other page they try to visit will just "hang" and load after there query is complete, or until a given amount of time has passed? I can make this system manually, but if mysql and php already have something built in, that would be preferable.In case it matters, I am using a LAMP server.

Back