Loading page in iframe only

liunx

I have a nav bar, and banner, and right below I have a news section, which is just an iframe whos source is news.html, I don't want it to load the whole thing again, so..how can I just have it load the pages in the iframe?<!--content-->Just make sure that your Iframe has an ID:<br />
<br />
<iframe id="IframeID" name="IframeName" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"StartPage.html"></iframe><br />
<br />
and do this for the links:<br />
<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"YourPage.html" target="IframeID">link text</a><!--content-->lol quick answer ;) rofl IFRAME is the only thing i know hehehe<!--content-->Thanks :)<!--content-->lol welcome :P<!--content-->Hmmm, could someone please tell me how I could adapt that to this menu javascript, here is the section of the code where the linking takes place:<br />
<br />
mm_menu_1008204641_0_1.addMenuItem("Belts","location='items/unique/belt.htm'");<br />
<br />
The frame ID="iframe1"<!--content-->Wow...hard to say...To be certain you'd have to upload your menu file.<br />
<br />
My menu's are formatted like this:<br />
<br />
<br />
navmenu_MENUNAME.addMenuItem("NAME TO DISPLAY","window.open('PAGE TO OPEN.HTML', 'TARGET');");<br />
<br />
<br />
And the person fills in the stuff in all caps. The part that says TARGET would be set to your frame id in order to make it work.<br />
<br />
Rename your menu file to a .txt, and upload it. If it won't work with your's, I'll show you how to easily change over to mine.<!--content-->Bah, this is starting to piss me off, I don't see what I'm doing wrong. Here is a zip of my index and menu file only, pleaaase tell me what I'm doing wrong, I just don't see it.<!--content-->Ok, set your iframe name to 'box' also, and some of your links will start to work. Use the ones that work as examples, and fix the rest. It seems that the links use the name function, and not the ID.<!--content-->Ah alright, not sure why I didn't think to try that. Thanks for all the help.<!--content-->

Back