list box question

liunx

i have a list box<br />
the list box is in a td that is defined as :<br />
<td dir=ltr align=right><br />
i must have the dir=ltr beacuse of the letters in my language!<br />
but the problem is that instead that the text in the list box will be near the right side of the list box, it's near the left side!<br />
why?what can i do?<br />
thanks in advance<br />
Peleg<!--content-->frontpage user<!--content-->iggy thats just mean. :cool:<!--content-->cmon its friday night one day a week people can be mean<!--content-->ok whatever lol. Its not night time yet where I am though. :)<!--content-->not nighttime here either 4:28 work is done soon<!--content-->Originally posted by Dave Clark <br />
To whom are you referring? ...and what's your point? ...or, do you even have one?<br />
<br />
Dave They are not referring to you Dave...<br />
that's MS generated code (dir=ltr).<br />
<br />
It's just a "tell"...<br />
that's all<br />
<br />
(by the way... it is legit:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/dirlang.html#h-8.2">http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/ ... html#h-8.2</a><!-- m --><br />
but you don't see it much.. unless FrontPage or one of the MS apps stick it in there)<br />
<br />
occassionally pointless...<br />
;) k<!--content-->what you talken about willis lol. I love how when someone says YOU USE FRONTPAGE! someone alwayas goes who, not me jerk lol. These are just my observations.<!--content--><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"><br />
<meta name="keywords" content="Dave, Clark, computer, computers, program, programs, programer, programmer, programing, programming, consult, consults, consultant, consultants, mainframe, mainframes, midrange, microcomputer, microcomputers, assembly, assembler, basic, cobol, rpg, s370, s390, as400, analyst, analysts, analysis, database, databases, access, custom, web, page, pages, site, sites, design, designs, htm, html, dhtml, shtml"><br />
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><!--content-->I find the fact that it always assumes that you are makeing a standard html page very annoying and I hope you do not use those stupid wizards. I also hate its normal view where you have to draw tables and links and other crap on the page. It just interfears with serious scripting to me. I dont think its the best tool out their dave.<!--content-->...content removed... <br />
<br />
Moderator's note: The url you posted is not something this site wishes to be associated with and, frankly, is not related to the topic here. If you continue to flaunt the rules of this site with such postings, you jeopardize your posting privileges here.<!--content-->I dont criticise the people, only the editor :D<!--content-->

Back