linking question

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hi<br />
<br />
if i have a frame container page for example FRAMES.html<br />
with two pages LEFT.html and RIGHT.html in it. is it possible to link from another page without frames (PAGE.html) in the same directory to FRAMES.html in the way that left frame would be LEFT.html but the right one to be for example RIGHT2.html(which is in the same directory too).<!--content-->one way :<br />
You would have to create a new FRAMESET page with the correct settings and link to that new FRAMESET page for each link.<br />
<br />
second way :<br />
Create some sort of script that states "if this link is clicked set variable2 to this page and pass that info to this scripeted frameset to load the corresponding page in there"... sortof thing. It may take some doing, but in theory it may be doable. That's a guess at this point though.<!--content-->You have a frameset document (INDEX.HTML) defining two frames called LEFT and RIGHT (displaying LEFT.HTML and RIGHT.HTML).<br />
You also have an HTML document (PAGE.HTML) that is unframed (within the same directory) with a link to the frameset document. You might have reached PAGE.HTML from a link you placed in RIGHT.HTML.<br />
When you click the link in PAGE.HTML, you want to display the original frameset document except that you want RIGHT2.HTML to be displayed in the RIGHT frame instead of RIGHT.HTML.<br />
<br />
Is this correct?<br />
<br />
If so, then the link in PAGE.HTML should be linked to a different frameset document (INDEX2.HTML) that is identical to INDEX.HTML except that you change the <frame src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/........ > to reflect the fact that you want RIGHT2.HTML in the RIGHT frame instead of RIGHT.HTML.<br />
<br />
Frames are handy, but they can be awkward. This isn't really a solution but a concept. Once you realize what's happening, you can tailor it to your liking. I've done it myself with no problems.<br />
Any help? ;)<!--content-->You (Android and <htmlite>) undrestood me quit right.<br />
I'm not very familiar with this scripting stuff so i<br />
think i'll create this different framset to make<br />
it work.<br />
<br />
Your replies helped me a lot...<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->

Back