Linking outsiders to a universal start page...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What code is to be placed in a page so that visitors from a url outside of my domain will be automatically transferred to a universal start page (eg. index.htm)? I'm sure it is easy but cant work it out. Thanks for your help.<!--content-->not sure I understand. if they click on a link form outside your site then it will have to be a link to the start page, unless you have a framed site.<!--content-->Sounds like you have several pages on your site, and instead of allowing visitors to go to any page when accessing your site, you want them to access index.html before accessing the other pages?<!--content-->Is this an issue of visitors arriving at internal pages using links from other sites, or by following links from search engine results?<br />
<br />
<br />
If it is links from other sites, then you cannot really stop this. Just make sure that every page has clear navigation and can reach the index page in one click.<br />
<br />
<br />
If it is search engine results, then you can stop the internal page being indexed (so no link in) simply by using:<br />
<br />
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow"><br />
<br />
on the page itself, but this will seriously harm your search engine rankings if you do this on more than a few pages.<!--content-->

Back