Limiting views of files by extension

liunx

Is there away using the <a HRC </a> tag to reference a folder on a desktop computer but only display files with an .xls<br />
extension?<!--content-->You want to do it on your computer? What are you trying to do exactly? That sounds like something you whould do with common dialog controlls or something in vb or c++. Im confused as to the purpose of doing this with html and I dont think it is possible.<!--content-->I am creating a webpage to be used by an internal group of users in my department. We share many data files through our network share drives. I want to point the users to a specific folder and at the same time limit the files they view by qualifying the extension (ex .xls or .mdb)<!--content-->Are you doing like a brows for file? And you jest want users to see that extension? It can be done with java script, but I dont know how. If you just want only files with that form at to be displayed on a table you are going to be using server side probably and you will be using a string.<!--content-->Yes, I am doing like a browse for file, and just want users to see a specific extension.<!--content-->Yes there is a way to do it... It is going to use java script I believe. Ask the people over at the java script forum about it.<!--content-->

Back