Limit Attachment Downloads 1.3

Daz

The writing of this hack was sponsored by: sama3y.net

About this hack:
This hack allows you to limit the number of attachments users can download during a given time period.

This hack is pretty flexible right now. You can choose how many attachments a user can download in a give time. That given time can be set to an hour, a day, a week, a month, 3 months, 6 months, or a year. You also set which attachment types get counted for this hack. Also, you set which usergroups get affected by this hack and how many downloads each usergoup can make.

If a user tries downloading past their limit, they will get an error message. This error message includes when they will be able to start downloading again.

Also, there is a cron job to remove from the table that this hack creates, all the rows that are past the limit date so your table doesn't grow forever and saves you space.

* Files edited: 0
* Templates edited: 0
* Files to upload: 2 (1 via ACP, 1 via FTP)
* Time to install: 1 minute

Updates:
Version 1.0 (7/19/07):

* First Release of this Hack

Version 1.1 (7/19/07):

* [FIXED] MAJOR BUG, the main table needed was not being installed, causing database errors.
* [CHANGED] I moved over the attachment limit to the usergroup settings to give an option of different download amounts per usergroup.

Version 1.2 (7/19/07):

* [FIXED] I REALLY now fixed the MAJOR BUG, the main table needed was not being installed, causing database errors.

Version 1.3 (7/29/07):

* [ADDED] I added a lot more options to 'Download Limit Time Frame' option.
* [CHANGED] Thumbnails are not counted as download attachments.

downloadlimit.jpg

Daz

About this hack:
This hack allows you to limit the number of attachments users can download during a given time period.

This hack is pretty flexible right now. You can choose how many attachments a user can download in a give time. That given time can be set to an hour, a day, a week, a month, 3 months, 6 months, or a year. You also set which attachment types get counted for this hack. Also, you set which usergroups get affected by this hack and how many downloads each usergoup can make.

If a user tries downloading past their limit, they will get an error message. This error message includes when they will be able to start downloading again.

Also, there is a cron job to remove from the table that this hack creates, all the rows that are past the limit date so your table doesn't grow forever and saves you space.

Updates:
Version 1.0 (7/19/07):

Version 1.1 (7/19/07):

* [FIXED] MAJOR BUG, the main table needed was not being installed, causing database errors.
* [CHANGED] I moved over the attachment limit to the usergroup settings to give an option of different download amounts per usergroup.

Version 1.2 (7/19/07):

* [FIXED] I REALLY now fixed the MAJOR BUG, the main table needed was not being installed, causing database errors.

Version 1.3 (7/29/07):

downloadlimit.jpg

Daz

About this hack:

Updates:
Version 1.0 (7/19/07):

Version 1.1 (7/19/07):

Version 1.2 (7/19/07):

Version 1.3 (7/29/07):

downloadlimit.jpg