layout css

I am designing a website like i have many times in the past but this time I want to do something different.<br />
<br />
example I had a site that was 400 pages.<br />
when i wanted a change of color or design <br />
or add a link to the nav bar. thats 400 changes.<br />
<br />
What I want is to know how to put links in the css so that they our consistant through out the site.<br />
<br />
not the color or visted alink but the link <br />
it's self.<!--content-->a:link {<br />
properties<br />
}<br />
<br />
put that in a separate style sheet and link to it on each of your pages in the head section of the pages:<br />
<br />
<LINK REL="STYLESHEET" TYPE="text/css" HREF=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"style.css"><!--content-->Originally posted by shadow5788 <br />
not the color or visted alink but the link <br />
it's self. <br />
I think shadow means changing the content of a menu through CSS. Short answer is you can't. CSS is for style, not for content.<br />
<br />
However, it can be done through javascript or SSI or something server side, I think.<!--content-->Originally posted by Android <br />
I think shadow means changing the content of a menu through CSS. Short answer is you can't. CSS is for style, not for content.<br />
<br />
However, it can be done through javascript or SSI or something server side, I think. <br />
<br />
You could be correct, my first answer was:<br />
<br />
use SSI or PHP <br />
<br />
:)<!--content-->yeah, i would use includes. does your webhost or server support server-side scripting?<br />
<br />
you could also use Flash to make content that's consistent and only needs changing once.<!--content-->

Back