layer placement problem

liunx

Hi !<br />
<br />
I have a problem (again) with positioning of a layer containing footer information. I want it to be on the wery bottom of the page. I tried it with<br />
<br />
<div id = footer style="position:relative; z-index:5; visibility:visible; vertical-align:baseline"><br />
footer<br />
</div><br />
<br />
but it is not on the bottom ...<br />
<br />
I looked up in css reference, but couldnt find anythig interesting ...<br />
<br />
Thanx<!--content-->All vertical-align: baseline will do is position the text at the bottom of the containing box - not the bottom of the page. You should be able to get the footer at the bottom by putting the <div> at the end then removing all margins, etc.<br />
<br />
Adam<!--content-->actualy, it is placed just above the </body> tag ...<br />
<br />
I don't know if I was clear enough :<br />
I want it to be just above the browser's bottom - since the pages in most cases fit the screen size.<!--content-->Do you mean exactly on the bottom, outside the normal document i.e. using frames? I don't understand exactly what the problem is.<br />
<br />
Adam<!--content-->most of the pages fit one screen height. If so, I would like the footer to be on the bottom of the screen (which is not scrollable). In other case (when the page cant fit the screen, I would like the footer to be on the bottom of the content.<br />
<br />
have a look at <br />
<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.frigofrutti.co.sr">www.frigofrutti.co.sr</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
The footer contains "designed by Weber 2003" and the w3 picture.<!--content-->

Back