launch an application from html

liunx

i need to launch an application from html for my company's intranet without the user having to click after opening the file.<br />
can anyone help?<!--content-->there are limited things that you can do with html..mostly it depends on which app u wanna start....<!--content-->i've tried<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"file:///C:\Path\program.exe"><br />
but it tries to Download <!--more--> the program<br />
which isn't suitable for my needs<!--content-->any code usable in a web page would help<br />
ie, html or other.<!--content-->Nope, If its an application I am affrraid it will try to Download <!--more--> it no matter what. I think if you used a shortcut it would try to Download <!--more--> that as well. I am afraid a weblanguage is not what you need.<!--content-->figured out a way to do what i want without using web<br />
more efficient too<br />
thanks for making me rethink the problem.<br />
8-) *F <---- smiling nerd complete with pocket protector and pen<!--content-->I sort of see the pocket protectoy but I would use an oversocre for the pen the little * confused me. :D<!--content-->8-) -E <---- smiling nerd complete with pocket protector and pen improved<!--content-->

Back