kickoff point for java / scripting?

windows

Hi<br />
I have a collection of sites I manage with documentation which I would like to turn from static htm to something "better".<br />
<br />
Each page looks like<br />
[site name as heading]<br />
[site contact details]<br />
[photo 1 heading]<br />
[photo 1]<br />
[photo 1 details]<br />
[same for photo 2 -??]<br />
[heading "other details]<br />
[the other details]<br />
<br />
which should be easy to turn into a database? structured text file?<br />
<br />
I am talking about 40 sites maybe 120 photos.<br />
<br />
Any ideas for online resource for how to get started on making my static pages a bit more intelligent ?<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->You will need to determine which server-side languages your server supports. CGI, ASP, PHP, ColdFusion, .NET, JSP, etc.<br />
<br />
The process will be similar, relative of which language you decide to use. The only real difference is in the syntax itself and, of coarse, the database you use.<br />
<br />
The concept of web database programming; the ability to dynamically allocate data to a specific web-page in order to speed up the development process and deliver updated or fresh content without having to resort to editing back-end source code..<br />
<br />
With this in mind, you will need to set up a database and use SQL queries to extract data for each page. Ideally, you could use a single page to display your entire site.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Andrew Buntine.<!--content-->I don't think I am able to get my small section turned into a sql database - the rest of the documentation (by others) is flat text.<br />
Other pages use .asp files but I don't know what asp is "good for" let alone how to get started writing it.<br />
Is it something that can be QA'd using Peer Web Services?<br />
<br />
The only good(?) news is that being an intranet I know what environment the users will be using.<!--content-->

Back