khaki will not be too happy...

liunx

well...i decided to use cybamall/megaone only to discover you can UPLOAD files no BIGGER than 512 KB!!!<br />
<br />
how crappy is that??? is there any other web hosting service that is free, that allows remote loading???<!--content-->Unless that's a multimedia file, that's a big file to be uploading. Trying to display something bigger than 512KB on a site could really piss off some 56K users. If it a multimedia file than having a 512KB limit really makes it tough in how much you can upload.<!--content-->So I went to cybamall's site and I looked at the FAQ page, but none of the links to the different sections work. All I get are custom 404 pages.<br />
<br />
I don't know how much space you are needing, but there are better free webhosts out there then what cybamall looks like.<!--content-->ok...like what...and i'm NOT going to use ANGELFIRE or GEOCITIES again PERIOD, what about free remote loading??? is there such a thing...<!--content-->spend the $25 a year for doteasy. It's ad free, relatively fast, and has a lot of features.<br />
<br />
I gave up on trying to find "Good" totally free hosts, sooner or later they al lack what you need.<!--content-->ok...that's just fine and dandy, but why does no one ever put a link??? i'd like to know if there is such a thing as free remote loading???<!--content-->hey neen...<br />
<br />
PLEASE don't worry yourself over whether your web development decisions will make me "happy" or not.<br />
That shouldn't matter compared to whether it makes you happy.<br />
<br />
And I'm sorry that I can't offer any free-site suggestions for you (I already suggested Brinkster... although you say that you need PHP support, so...)<br />
<br />
Maybe you should just post a thread in the General forum asking people to offer free-site suggestions based on your specific support requirements.<br />
<br />
...just an idea :rolleyes:<br />
<br />
not particularly unhappy :) ...<br />
;) k<!--content-->ok...<br />
i'll do that in a few secs..<!--content-->www.doteasy.com<br />
<br />
not sure about the remote loading, but they dont have file size restrictions<!--content-->however...i NEED at least 50MB of space...<!--content-->it looks to me like i'll have to sign up for a new domain...<!--content-->

Back