Keeping the session alive and avoid new session when using js open.window

liunx

Hi everybody, It's Doctor Nick,

I have a big problem where I dont know what to do.
I am builiding a webapplication where the user can do queries. The queries are handed between new pages (yes its kind of a classic winapp gone to the web) using session-variables. I am using cookie-free sessions meaning I have the session-id automatically kicked into the url.
Here is the problem:
on my queryresultpage.aspx the user select the items he/she wants a detailed report for - then the user chooses between three different report types via imagebutton which then via click starts the codebehind part where a new page is opened using page.registerstartupscript(somescript here).
On the first press of a choice I get the window opened correctly and the "father"-page correctly with the same sessionid as when the app started.
However, when I choose to press a button a second time, I still get the window opened correctly BUT I the "fasther"-page all of a sudden gets a new Sessionid - which naturally menas that the session data used for building my datagrid on that page is lost.

How can I avoid this annoying phenomenon with new sessions on window.open keeping in mind that I need to open new windows for the sake of usability (if the webapp is not just as easy to use as the winapp the users will keep using the winapp).

Back