Staff member
:D<br />
<br />
Hi again everyone!<br />
<br />
Here is the form: <br />
<form name="WINDOW-owner" action="cgi-bin/form2002.cgi" method="post"><br />
<input type="hidden" name="owner" value="[email protected]"><br />
<div class="formtext">TO: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --></div><br />
<div class="formtext">FR: <input name:"useremail" type="text" size="30" value="Enter Your E-mail address here"></div><br />
<div class="formtext"><textarea rows="7" cols="45" name="QUESTIONS" wrap="virtual"></textarea></div><br />
<div class="formtext"><input type="submit" value="Submit"> &nbsp; <input type="reset" value="Reset"> &nbsp; <br />
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Close" onClick="window.close()"></div><br />
</form><br />
<br />
Clicking the Submit button <br />
When the submit button is clicked I want the form.html page to go automatically to the thankyou.html page.<br />
<br />
How? <br />
<br />
Thanks, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Check this (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=111379#post111379">http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.ph ... post111379</a><!-- m -->) thread! :)<!--content-->Thanks for the reply.<br />
<br />
One dumb question though, what is the <br />
<br />
onclick="window.location='your_thank_you_page.html'"><br />
<br />
supposed to be?<br />
<br />
This is what my source code looks like now:<br />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" onclick="window.location='thanksemail.html'"> &nbsp; <input type="reset" value="Reset"> &nbsp; <br />
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Close" onClick="window.close()"><!--content-->I don't have my JavaScript book with me, but I believe it's an object giving information about the location of the url, that is, in which window you end up when click the button... (Don't quote me, ok...?)<!--content-->So should the source look like<br />
<br />
THIS:<br />
<br />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" onclick="window.thanksemail='thanksemail.html'"> <br />
<br />
OR THIS:<br />
<br />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" onclick="window.email_window='thanksemail.html'"> <br />
<br />
Sorry, but I really don't know JS.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->No no, it should say 'location'! :) The word is the object!<br />
<br />
Oh, and, you shouldn't have a 'close window' button there if you want the visitor to be sent to another page!<br />
<br />
Edit: They're telling me in the other thread that a lot of people can't use a form like this, because they don't have any e-mail clients on their computers... :(<!--content-->Well, when the source looks like this:<br />
<br />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" onclick="window.location='thanksemail.html'"><br />
<br />
but still cant get it to work.<br />
<br />
Ty, G<br />
:D<!--content-->I took a closer look at your form, and noticed that you have a cgi-bin. I've never had a cgi-bin myself, but I'm almost sure there is something you should configure in the form to make the bin collect the mails sent and pass them on to you, but I have no idea what...<br />
<br />
Sorry... :(<!--content-->

Back