Javascript Telephone Book help

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there, I have just started with js and could use the help of someone with some js experience. I have a project due and I basically haven't been taught what I need to know.
I am trying to create a simple telephone book in javascript. The goal of this script is to have the user enter a first name, last name and phone number into 3 different text boxes. These 3 entries must be validated for length, to make sure text was entered, that the telephone number has the correct amount of digits, and that there are no numbers in the names. Then when the enter button is clicked they are to be displayed in a textarea below. The other thing is that these 3 options have to be stored in either separate arrays or a multidimensional array. I have no idea how to link up arrays to text boxes and how to call everything into the text area once the enter is clicked? This is supposed to be a simple code but I cannot find a similar one anywhere including my book. This is due at the end of the week. If anyone could start me out with the code I would need to link textareas and text boxes with arrays I can probablly figure out the validation code. Any other help and I would be very greatful. Thanks!

Ryan