Is this possible - expanding graphics

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Folks, my first post here.<br />
<br />
I am designing a website, in which I want to re-use a 'Tab' at the top left of the frame, which is in effect the name of the page. For example 'News' 'Features' etc.<br />
Ther will be many sub-pages, for example, with News, there may be Football News, Hockey News.<br />
<br />
As I want the 'Tab' to appear the same, it will obviously need to be a different size to accomodate the amount of text involved.<br />
<br />
Is there a way to avoid lots of graphic design work, such that I can use perhaps just 3 elements of graphics.<br />
I.E. a left hand side graphic, a middle and right hand side. My idea is that I use the Left and right graphic once, and the middle 'X' times to suit the text length.<br />
I would then need to write over the top in white.<br />
<br />
Make sense? I really would make it so much easier to do it this way.<br />
<br />
Suggestions and/or websites using this would be most welcomed.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your time<br />
Neil :)<!--content-->yes you could. just put them in a table and have the midle table cell be at a percentage and the 2 outside images be fixed, ie. width=10px.<br />
<br />
and the middle will auto expand (tile) to accomodate the new size.<!--content-->the only problem I see is that the center 'tab' image would need to be used as a td background, and this can be buggy in N4.7. However, you can use an image for that if you like. <br />
<br />
I've used this exact method before, and it works out just great for IE users.<!--content-->for ns4.7, just put a space or something in the cell. ns4.X has a tendancy to not show cells unless they have something in them.<!--content-->okay... thats not the problem we are talking about here, wargiant. <br />
<br />
We are talking about n4.7 being buggy when you use a background for a TD, and placing text in the cell.<!--content-->oh......ok.<br />
<br />
Edit: I dont think i have ever had that problem before actully.<!--content-->

Back