IS THIS JOB OFFER A SCAM? ?

x2002x00

Hey, I have been applying for jobs these past couple of weeks and I received an email about a job opportunity, it sounds a little fishy to me but I'm not really sure. Here is the complete email that I received, please let me know what you think? (I did complete the information part that they asked for and they did send me a check, I just don't know if I should cash it)<br />
<br />
<br />
Job Description You need to post classified ads in your local newspapers and magazines, such as sales ads, employment ads or real estate ads.<br />
<br />
Our company is located in Germany. We need your services in USA for the specified position, Newspaper Advertiser. You will spend max. 2-4 hours weekly, in your spare time.<br />
<br />
You do NOT need special skills or degrees. The position is very easy and can be done by anyone without the necessity to leave your current job! If you ever placed an ad in one newspaper, is that easy.<br />
<br />
All you have to do is place the ads from home calling newspapers at toll free numbers or online, of course after you receive the content that must be posted from us and the money needed to post in newspapers. Almost all our ads are employment ads from various Europe companies that want to have ads in USA but we may also have ads from US companies that must place ads in Europe Newspapers. Yes, we will provide the money to post in newspapers. You will not anything on your money. Once you have our money for the ads in hand you will receive detailed info how to complete all tasks. You just have to call the newspaper and place the ad. There will be 4-10 ads placed weekly, for each ad you post you are paid with $100, you will deduct your share from money we send you to post the ads.<br />
<br />
Requirements<br />
<br />
- US Citizen<br />
<br />
- computer with e-mail; Check your email daily<br />
<br />
- You must have over 20 years old<br />
<br />
- 2-3 hours free during the week (mainly in the evening / non-business hours) for communication;<br />
<br />
You will enjoy working from home on your computer, without needing employees. You can earn a full-time income in as little as 2-3 hours/week, in your spare time.<br />
<br />
There is no need to leave from your current job. You can work for us few hours daily and increase your income with up to $900 weekly. If you have any questions you will receive the answers same day, mostly within few minutes.<br />
<br />
NO account SETUP fees or fees of any kind to work for us .<br />
<br />
To start the job today please reply with the info below<br />
<br />
First name, Last name<br />
<br />
Full Address - NOT PO Box please<br />
<br />
City, State, Postal Zip Code<br />
<br />
Two E-mail addresses<br />
<br />
Phone# <br />
<br />
We will select papers from your US where the classified ads will be placed and will send you the funds to post. You need to place the ads in max. 48 hours after you receive the money from us! This is the only condition we ask.<br />
<br />
How you are paid for your services Like we specified, there will be 4-10 employment ads placed weekly, for each ad you post you are paid with $100, you will deduct your share from money we send you to post the ads.<br />
<br />
After 30 days of testing period we will sign by mail contract for long-term. We provide 1099 form at the end of each year.<br />
<br />
Job is very simple and all terms are clear, however, do not apply for this job if you are not responsible. Your agreement will be considered an USA binding contract, you cannot apply now and refuse to do your tasks later.<br />
<br />
You will be registered as our Employee and we'll pay taxes every time you will place an ad.<br />
<br />
Thank you<br />
<br />
<br />
WHAT YOU THINK!?<br />

JeremyO

i think you better call all reporting agencies since you gave them your social and also go down to the social security office and say that your number may have been compromised and to get a new one immediately. never again do anything as stupid as taking an offer from a foreign country to do work in the us never makes sense to do that and the fact that they paid you upfront. if it has a return address i would return it and say no thanks

DavidPL

Err on the side of caution. Consider it a scam, and do NOT cash the check. Doing so could link you to this group and possibly get you into trouble. It could also say somewhere that if you are to cash that check, you are entered into some binding contract that you will be obligated to fulfill. I would stay away from it.

JustMeAlone

Scam. Run away. You can also try a search on some of the keywords in the email to check these things out. Monster & Careerbuilder should have articles about these types of scams and how to recognize them. Good luck with your search.

klinesolutions

Did you actually give out your social security number? I did not see that, but if you did, that is a very big mistake and a very big red flag.
In any case, do not cash the check. It is, most likely a bad one and you will be in real trouble with the law if you do.
Disregard the whole "offer", and, please be careful with internet offers.

sweety

I THINK I CAN HELP YOU OUT IN THIS.
LISTEN ABOUT 90%ONLINE JOBS ARE SCAMS SO BE CAREFUL WHILE YOU JOIN SOME JOB
BUT I CAN TELL U A COMPANY THAT NOT ONLY GIVE YOU THE JOB BUT WITH FREE REGISTRATION AND GUARANTEE OF BEING PAID
I M WORKING WITH THEM
JUST VISIT THE LLINK AND GET URSELF REGISTERED WITH THEM IT IS THE BEST
http//web2upgradebuzzbot.blogspot.com/