Is this bad HTML coding...

liunx

I have taken a peek at the HTML code behind this web page, and I am wondering if this is an acceptable layout.<br />
<br />
I think I have found several nested <HEAD> and <BODY> declarations<br />
<br />
ie:<br />
<HEAD><br />
<BODY><br />
<br />
<HEAD><br />
<BODY><br />
..<br />
..<br />
</BODY><br />
</HEAD><br />
<br />
</BODY><br />
</HEAD><br />
<br />
<br />
Its just that I have always thought that there should be just one <HEAD> and one <BODY>.<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bwccat.belden.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/BELDEN/frames.d2w/report">http://bwccat.belden.com/cgi-bin/ncomme ... d2w/report</a><!-- m --><!--content-->ahh you caught us. lol no there is only one. in fact I view this page and I see one head and one body, ohhhhh wait, no, not the girl I am seeing...... hehe no the code is the same. one body and one head. what, are you seeing double?<!--content-->do a search for HEAD in notepad - you'll find more than one<!--content-->of course I would. you just listed 4 of them??? no really I just find teh 2. one <head> and one </head><!--content-->Sorry. I probably should have checked the link first.<br />
<br />
It only takes you to the catalogue search engine.<br />
<br />
If you search for "9841", then click on one of the "See Full Specs" links, that is the page that I am talking about.<br />
<br />
Oh, and the code is in a frame, too. <br />
<br />
That is where there are multiple HEADs and BODYs.<br />
<br />
<br />
Sorry for the misunderstanding..<!--content-->of course I would. you just listed 4 of them??? no really I just find teh 2. one <head> and one </head><!--content-->I give in - I know they are there.<br />
<br />
But can you answer my question - <br />
<br />
Is it okay or not okay to have multiple <HEAD> and <BODY> tags? And why would you do it anyway?<!--content-->well it is not ok to have multiple tags like that. it confuses the browser to no end and may make it mess up. I know NS is fond of this. but after seeing you posted the site that is using the multiple body tags then let me take a look. be right back<!--content-->actually looking at the link supplied I see a lot of them. I am sorry as I thought you meant this site we are on right now. I looked the site nad see the exact same thing.<br />
that is not good as I explained this in my last post.<!--content-->I have taken a peek at the HTML code behind this web page, <br />
<br />
Oops - sorry. Please accept that I am an English person who uses very bad English that is not taught to people outside of Great Britain.<!--content-->

Back