Is there something like csv or json but more graphical and better to read for humans?

herria

For example CSV and JSON are human and machine readable text formats.Now I am looking for something similar even more \[code\]graphical\[/code\] for table data representation.Instead of:\[code\]1,"machines",14.913,"mammals",1.9250,"fruit",4.239789,"funghi",29.3\[/code\]which is CSV style or\[code\][ [1,"machines",14.91], [3,"mammals",1.92], [50,"fruit",4.239], [789,"funghi",29.3]]\[/code\]which is JSON style, and I am not going to give an XML example, something similar like this is what I have in mind:\[code\] 1 | "machines"| 14.91 3 | "mammals" | 1.92 50 | "fruit" | 4.239 789 | "funghi" | 29.3\[/code\]There should be reader and writer libraries for it for some languages and it should somehow be a standard. Of course I could roll my own but if there is also a standard I'd go with that.I have seen similar things as part of wiki or markup languages, but it should serve as a human easily editable data definition format and be read and also written by software libraries. That's not exactly what markup and wiki languages are for. What I am looking for belongs more to the csv,json and xml family.

Back