is there a way to FORCE .....

liunx

Just curious if there is a way to force a web browser to change the homepage URL without the user knowing?<!--content-->yes there is but I couldn't tell as it pisses me off if I get a page that does it. I don't know anybody that likes this happening to them.<!--content-->I'm sure that you would not like that to happen to you, too.<!--content-->Doing it shows the worst kind of disregard for the users rights.<!--content-->I dont recall saying that I was going to do it. Rather it was a question. I am curious how these jerks do it, believe me, it has happened to me plenty of times. I do hate it.<!--content-->gosh, I just love these sorts of questions.....<br />
<br />
<br />
just surf on over to some hack/crack/pirated software websites. After you notice that your homepage has changed-and that you have about fifteen extra 'favorites' stored, you should be able to locate your answer. <br />
<br />
I'll echo the general user consensus here: This type of practice is a cheap gimmick that assures that you will get ONE more page hit. Then people won't hit your site again. <br />
Its the best kind of reverse-advertising existing.<!--content-->

Back