Is it possible to ......

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering if it is possible to make your scrollbars transparent? ie. to be able to see the back ground image right through them, I was told to look into custom scrollbars with the divs. Have yet to figer it out. Can anyone help?br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Those scroll bar commands that change the colors (body {<br />
<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color:#003366;) are ie only and I know of no way to change them to being transparent. Because the scroll bar is not an element with a normal tag and all you cant just say background:transparent;. Ie added those scroll bar commands but you will notice they are not valid css and no other browser will support them.<!--content-->can you turn the overflow to = hidden?<br />
<br />
thanks<!--content-->That would mean there is no scroll bars on your page. The extra material in the div just wont show up.<!--content-->is there a way to use custom scrollbars built using dhtml etc from divs<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Yes you can change a scroll bar color, but I dont know any way to make them transparent. Also its css mainly and not dhtml, though you can expand apon the css with dhtml. Also thats ie only.<!--content-->so what your saying is there is no way possible?<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Thats about the size of it. If you want to just not have scroll bars but still have the content there and a user can use an arrow or mouse wheel that is possible if you are using an iframe and the attribute scrolling="no" but I do not reccomend axing your scroll bars like that.<!--content-->PeOfEo~<br />
Check this (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smack-silver.net/tricks/scrollbar2.html">http://www.smack-silver.net/tricks/scrollbar2.html</a><!-- m -->) out, it can be done but in iframes. Just found out how to do it.<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Still doesnt work in any other browser but ie then. I did not thing it would even work on ie but I was wrong. But when.<!--content-->since it can be done IE, can you help me make it work in other browsers?<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->It wont work on other browsers. There is no way for it to work because they dont support the scroll bar attribute which is not really css to begin with. IE made up that code so therefore it only works in ie.<!--content-->I think the bigger question isn't can you do it, but should you. Go look at any site that gets major traffic, google, msn, espn, etc. None of them mess around with the scrollbar attributes even though they could. Since so many people use IE as their browser, it would be seem like a valid option. For the most part, the only time I have really seen the scrollbar attributes messed with have been on sites that are done by non-professionals.<!--content-->like me :) I bet some sites that are professionally done do use scroll bar attributes, just none that I can manage to find, but using a chroma filter with the attributes that are not valid to begin with is really not what you would want to do. The reason I did not think it was possible before is because I had never seen it and also i had never thought to use chroma filter.<!--content-->

Back