Is it possible to prevent users from printing a web page?

Is there code out there that will prevent a user from printing a web page (a sort of image protection....I know nothing will protect images!) but thought that this may be something we could do on our site to stop competitors stealing design ideas of the products that we manufacture.<br />
<br />
Just a wee notion that I wondered if anyone knew if it was feasible.<br />
<br />
Ta!<!--content-->You might try the HTMLProtecto Tool. Information is located at:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scriptsearch.com/details/8004.html">http://www.scriptsearch.com/details/8004.html</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Lee<!--content-->Why not have a print style sheet with display: none set on a container div? that would baffle most people!<!--content-->Thanks for your help!!<!--content-->The short answer is no you could try something like PDF that can prevent printing. Albeit all images and most objects get cached on the computer.<br />
<br />
How would you plan to stop competitors stealing designs, if they were competitors and that underhand they would try every trick possible. <br />
<br />
If it's live on the internet in the public domain it can be stolen easily.<!--content-->This question falls under the exact same category as all the other " how can I like protect my kewl zkriptz from stealing?" questions: you can't. There are many "solutions" to make it harder and generally annoy bonifide users, but as Robert said: if anyone can view it, it's Download <!--more-->ed and therefore available.<br />
Protect your ideas through patents and/or copywright, or keep them under wraps; certainly, don't put them on the Internet!<!--content-->I'm well aware that it is impossible to protect images, however, we would as you've pointed out like to make it more inconvenient....irritating!<br />
<br />
Since the company manufacters and sells products, the images have to be in the public domain (in one format or another!!) They could be stolen from our brochures anyway, however we would like to make it as awkward as possible so that they would basically have to do a print screen for every image. Sadly, it's the nature of our companies business that designs and ideas get nicked and there are many other ways that they can be stolen over and above the web, it's just easier to do it from the web!!<br />
<br />
Most of our competitors sell similar products with, perhaps different stitching, colour etc... I guess it's just the nature of business!! I just had the idea that if we could slow down the process of printing them, by forcing a print screen it would help!!<br />
<br />
Thanks for all your pointers!!<!--content-->Hi all<br />
<br />
You could send an email or post for the clients/customers that request your products. that way they cannot even use the print screen. and you can then screen who you send your ideas and products to.<br />
<br />
hope this helped you out<br />
From smercer<!--content-->

Back