is it possible to have two frames scroll at the same time with one scroll bar?

ok, i have a site that has two frames in it. one is the nave bar frame and the other is the main content frame.<br />
<br />
what i want to do is have the main scroll bar (the one on the right) make both of the frames scroll instead of just the content frame.<br />
<br />
the reason is so i can have my tables in both frames remain lined up but still have the flexibility of having the nav bar in a frame (which is a helluva lot easier to edit if i only have to do it once in one frame)<br />
<br />
is this possible? my url is <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.alaskasnowandskate.cjb.net">www.alaskasnowandskate.cjb.net</a><!-- w --> if you want to see my source or give me any other critiques.<br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
<br />
mojo<!--content-->don't think that is possible, if it was it would be a javascript thing. but I doubt it.<!--content-->thanks for the input bro. i'll go over to the javascript forum and place my question there.<br />
<br />
thanks again!<!--content-->I didn't see your link and I don't see what you are taling about. it looked fine for me. is that a dhtml menu you are using? since it is always on top then why worry about it. other than that I like your site. but it is kind of dark. :)<!--content-->I don't think you have thought this through properly. Or maybe I don't understand you. <br />
<br />
Now with frames, if I visit your site with a full screen window and high enough resolution, the frame with the navbar won't have to be scrolled at all, right? If there is more content in the main frame, your solution would require the navbar to be scrolled out of reach. But if your navbar is big, or my window small, maybe it will require scrolling. You will still be forcing visitors to abandon your main frame where they are reading in order to scroll the menu.<br />
<br />
This is not an improvement. You have all the considerable disadvantages of frames with none of the advantages. You should definitely use tables in stead of frames if you want them to be scrolled that way.<br />
<br />
More work editing more than one document? Yes, but NOT "ahelluva lot". What you do is create two documents - you are doing that anyway, with frames. One document is the menu. Then you create the pages, leaving just comments saying:<br />
<!-- start navbar --><br />
<br />
<!-- end navbar --><br />
When you are uploading, copy the contents of the menu, open each document, and press Ctrl-V in the line between the two comments. Save with a different name.<br />
<br />
Whenever you change something, repeat the process after editing the navbar. You should spend about 5 seconds pr. page after editing. Any number of pages in the lower range of three digits should be little trouble.<br />
<br />
Now, about your page. The little explanatory boxes popping up from the menu disappears under the main frame (depending on where you hold the cursor).<br />
<br />
There are two little boxes - one with quote of the day, the other empty, covering parts of all text above "August 23d".<br />
<br />
That was Explorer 4.0<br />
In Netscape the boxes are gone, but your menu doesn't work.<br />
In Opera, there is only one box, but your menu doesn't work there either.<!--content-->

Back