Administrator
Staff member
Please help if you can.<br />
<br />
Is it possible to e-mail a html form.<br />
<br />
Thanks <br />
<br />
Clyde<!--content-->You have two options. One is to use the mailto: protocol in the forms action, like this:<br />
<br />
<form action="mailto:[email protected]" method="post" enctype="text/plain"><br />
<br />
The other (and far better, as it does not rely on the user having a mail program installed) is to use some sort of server side language such as PHP, CGI/Perl, ASP, etc... If your server supports PHP, look at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9543#post48748">http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthre ... #post48748</a><!-- m --><!--content-->There are a lot of great free for use already made php email form programs that are very simple it use and only require HTML knowledge assuming your host supports PHP. They let make your HTML form mailable with now PHP knowledge!. If you email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> i can suggest some good sources for these forms mailers.<!--content--><html><br />
Pyro<br />
<br />
I appreciate your answer, thanks, I tried to implement with limited success ( these two words should never be said together - limited success).<br />
<br />
getting serious again by using the html below, i can send the email the only thing i get are the submit buttons attributes<br />
label and name<br />
<br />
Example: sbmbut1=E-mail form<br />
<br />
I was thinkin I should reeive the text and not the submit button attributes.<br />
<br />
What did I do or not do.<br />
<br />
Thanks <br />
**************************************************<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<title>TEST REPLY</title><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<FORM action="mailto:[email protected]" method="post" enctype="text/plain"><br />
<BR><br />
THIS IS THE FORM TO E-MAIL TEST<br />
<BR><br />
<INPUT size="20" type="text"><br />
<BR><br />
<INPUT type="submit" name="sbmbut1" value="E-mail Form"><br />
<br />
</FORM><br />
<br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->So are you not getting what is typed in the text field?<br />
<br />
try this below<br />
<br />
<FORM action="mailto:[email protected]" method="post" enctype="text/plain"> <br />
<BR> <br />
THIS IS THE FORM TO E-MAIL TEST <br />
<BR> <br />
<INPUT name="name" type="text" id="name" size="20"> <br />
<BR><br />
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="E-mail Form"><br />
</FORM> <br />
<br />
<br />
You are more than likely going to still get info on the submit button but that's ok.<!--content-->It I workink better.<br />
<br />
Should the text within the form be emailed too.<br />
<br />
When I do it is does not.<br />
<br />
Clyde<!--content-->Here is what I get.... <br />
<br />
Subject: Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer.<br />
<br />
Email body:<br />
<br />
name=acasdf<br />
Submit=E-mail Form<br />
<br />
<br />
I should note I'm using Outlook. Also it would be much better if you were using a CGI script or something of that nature to send your request. Depending on them to have a funtioning email program may cause you a number of problems if the user only uses an online based email account such as Hotmail or yahoo.<br />
<br />
example of a CGI based form. Fill it out and I'll forward it back to you so you can see what happens.<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://compguysinc.com/contact.html">http://compguysinc.com/contact.html</a><!-- m --><!--content-->I get The same results.<br />
<br />
What you are telling me with this quick and dirty method the text, images and variables do not get e-mailed.<br />
<br />
Am I correct in assuming that.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Clyde<!--content-->I think that is correct... THe output is just what I have posted above! It doesn't send a copy of the page with the options they have chosen. Just the output of the form, which is why it's SO important to properly list/label your input boxes and buttons.<!--content-->Thank you to all who responded.<br />
<br />
I appreciate it.<br />
<br />
clyde<!--content-->

Back