Invision Power Board Cookies

liunx

I don't know if this is the right section for this, but here goes.<br /><br />I installed the Invision Power Board from my site through the control panel, and everything is set up how I like it. However, cookies don't seem to be working. I have to re-login every time I return to the site.<br /><br />How do I properly set up cookies for the board?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.mkbilyk.com/forum" target="_blank">http://www.mkbilyk.com/forum</a><!--content-->
Do you have to re-login when you visit here?<br /><br />I do not have anything enabled on my forums for cookies <br />and have no trouble with login.<br /><br /><br />But you might try in your admin>board settings>cookies<br />adding your domain name as suggested<br /><b>.domain.ext</b><br />and save,<br />to see if that helps<!--content-->
Is this same problem happening from a different computer or with a different user? My point: Check the settings of your browser to ensure that cookies are enabled locally and that your security levels aren't blocking them. May not have anything to do with the board per se.<!--content-->
Are you running firewall software?<br /><br />Zone Alarm in particular will block cookies by default.<!--content-->
It seems to only be happening when using Firebird, although, I don't have to re-login when I visit this forum using Firebird.<br /><br />Hmmm...<br /><br />I'll have to check my browser settings.<!--content-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TCH-Don+Nov 17 2003, 07:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TCH-Don @ Nov 17 2003, 07:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Do you have to re-login when you visit here?<br /><br />I do not have anything enabled on my forums for cookies <br />and have no trouble with login.<br /><br /><br />But you might try in your admin>board settings>cookies<br />adding your domain name as suggested<br /><b>.domain.ext</b><br />and save,<br />to see if that helps<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><br /> Thanks!<br /><br />That seems to have worked perfectly.<br /><br />For some reason, the cookie wasn't registering in Opera and Mozilla/Firebird, but all is well now.<!--content-->

Back